Friday, June 4, 2010

Here comes the BOOM!

Slideboom that is!  Presented with the challenge of having a Power Point presentation I wanted to make easily accessible on my web page and in a Moodle, I was faced with the issue of converting my Power Point presentation into a Flash presentation.  Being a Mac user (and having NO regrets there), I began searching the web for a means to do so, but was worried my options would be limited.

Looking over multiple links, I found several companies (whom I won't support by providing their link), who wanted to charge me for this ability.  In comes Slideboom to the rescue!  Within minutes, I had uploaded my presentation, converted it to flash, and had an embed code ready for my website and my Moodle!

Though there is an option for a paid account, the free account provides you with plenty of opportunity to increase the accessibility of your presentation and share it with others, if you like.  Additionally, Slideboom gives you access to the presentations of others and allows you to tag, rank, and comment on presentations.  As an educator I found this to be a powerful option for those times when I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but want to find something that will grab student attention.  Being able to search presentations by popularity could expedite this process.  If presentations are your thing and you want to move them beyond your desktop, I think Slideboom is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment